The deadline has expired!
– April 22nd, 2018 (HST): Applications Deadline (Expired)
– April 25th, 2018 (HST): Notification of Acceptance (Expired)
IDC 2018 Student Volunteer team is the core strength of the conference, keeping it running smoothly and making sure that the attendees and speakers have a great experience.
As student volunteer, you get a full conference pass providing you access to the seminars, studios, and all the social events! This will give you a chance to meet established members in the community and build a long lasting network with your student volunteer peers. Being an SV is a great and fun experience and provides valuable insights on how scientific conferences run.
This is available to students of all levels, ranging from undergraduates (Bachelor and Masters) to graduate (PhD) students. Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also welcome to apply.
Accepted students will be expected to show up before the conference for an orientation session (June 18th in the afternoon). During the conference your activities will include supporting the registration process, hosting and guiding people over the different venues of the conference, supporting exhibitors in building-up and taking down their demos. Consequently, you will be present until the end of the conference, i.e. until Friday (June 22nd). Throughout these five days you will have around 20 hours of work. This should give you plenty of free time to meet with other visitors and attend various activities throughout the conference.
– Applicants must be 18 years of age or older (on or before 18th June 2018).
Full-Time Student Status
Applicants must be high school, undergraduate, or graduate students enrolled full time for at least one semester during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Accepted students are expected to fulfill the following:
Attend the orientation session on June 18th.
Be motivated and show responsibility for the tasks taken up.
Serve around 20 hours of voluntary work during the five days of the conference.
Examples of the conference duties:
- Attendees registration.
- Supporting contributors.
- Providing general assistance to conference attendees.
To apply for becoming a student volunteer (SV) you need to provide the following materials via email:
- A half-page motivational letter answering the following questions (pdf, Microsoft Word):
- Explain your motivation to participate at this year’s IDC conference.
- What is the unique skill you can bring and contribute to the SV team?
- Scanned copy of your student ID card.
- Your CV (name, university, work experience, previous SV experience, and if you are participating in the IDC’18 Doctoral Consortium, Workshop or other paper presentation ).
The applications should be sent to spapav [at] ntnu [dot] no. Applying to be a student volunteer counts as registration in regards to publications being put into the proceedings. In case you don’t get accepted as a student volunteer, you will be able to sign up at the early registration price (which is open until April 30).
We hope to see you in June!